Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Working hard and the little things

Back at work for the second day, and though I have been physically present, all the little stresses of being a special educator have been overwhelming. First week of the semester, audits, lesson plans, and my brain is working at half speed. I also woke up at 4:15 this morning and never went back to sleep, so today is pretty much a blur. I have been catching rides to work all week, but I am going to attempt driving starting tomorrow. I have to get to work early, and did not have the heart to ask any co-workers to come and get me at 6. I think it is best I start driving again anyway, I don't want to develop a phobia of interstates!

I think I will take a nap, I am just enjoying watching Monk meow and chatter at the shadows cast on the lawn by all the passing traffic. With life being almost unbearable lately, I have had a small victory today. After almost three months, our landlord finally fixed most of the problems in the apartment. So, I can now turn the heat off in the bedroom (so I don't have to run the AC or leave the window open to keep from sweating in the bedroom), the bathroom electrical outlet was fixed (so I do not have to blowdry my hair in the kitchen), and we are getting a new oven! So, we can cook frozen pizzas, and I can start baking again-as soon as they come back and put the new oven in that is...sigh.

No comments: